Looking for something?
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Music
“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this:
A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive.
To them… a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise,
a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy,
a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.
Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, create —
so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning,
their very breath is cut off…
They must create, must pour out creation.
By some strange, unknown, inward urgency they are not really alive unless they are creating.”
-Pearl S. Buck-
Thanks to Emily Davis for sharing the quote! :) Simply beautiful.
beyonce has done it again!
and it was brilliant, yes.
but then she goes and makes the video for her new song “countdown.”
oh. my. lovely.
it reminds me of audrey hepburn in funny face…which i hate to admit i’ve never actually seen.
but i did love her “back in black” gap commercial from a few years ago…that counts, right? ;)
seriously, beyonce…you’ve outdone yourself yet again. love it.
Preach it, sista.
Cheers to the freakin’ weekend indeed.
So I haven’t done a rambling list post in awhile, and I figured it was time to submit you to my stream o’ consciousness once again.
1. I’ve been watching Mad Men. A lot. As in I watched all four seasons available to stream on Netflix, and now I am rewatching them. Cuh-razy, I know. But it’s just.so.good. Literally, every minute of it is fascinating, beautiful, disturbing, or touching. Just gets you all emotionally involved and whatnot. And kind of makes you wish chain smoking and alcoholism were still socially acceptable and not so likely to kill you. And don’t even get me started on the clothes. That’s a whole other post that should be coming your way soon. To sum up: go watch Mad Men. Now.
2. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m a terrible Gator fan. I used to be crazy hardcore, camping out for days to get seats at basketball games, tailgating ALL DAY for every football game…and now? Now I haven’t even watched a single game this season, and tomorrow is the first day I’ll be tailgating. All you Gator haters can call me a fair weather fan all you want…but I’m going to just chalk it up to this: I still love the Gators, and I want them to win, but my weekend time is just too precious to lose an entire day to tailgating/game watching. I just don’t like football enough for that. I like the Gators, but not football so much. Yeah, every Gainesvillian is now judging me harshly, but oh well. I even went to see The Help during the last game. I turned into one of THOSE people, and I’m a-ok with it.
3. I’m feeling chatty today apparently. Those were a couple really long paragraphs. Are you still with me?
4. Lexie recently chewed my favorite pair of yellow shoes. Like, chewed the heel right off. So, since putting a positive spin on a negative thing is always a good idea, I decided to treat myself to a brand new pair of red shoes…in addition to replacing the yellow ones. Cuz, that like, totally makes sense, right?
Here are the newbies. I think they will live quite happily in my closet.
5. I’ve decided Zumba is essential to life. I can’t live without it. I have been going 2-3 times a week, and the insane amount of endorphins is addicting. Plus, you get to get your dance on for a whole hour, with no one judging you. I feel redonkulously crunk the entire time and imagine that I look fabulous. In reality, I’m a white girl trying to shake it like a salt shaker and quite possibly looking exactly like that, but in my mind…I’m the CRUNKEST.
6. It’s going to be cold soon (like, tonight apparently), and I’m pretty much twitching with excitement. Tights, boots, coats…come to mama.
7. The next 3 months are going to take years off my life. I’m calling it now. Who is the BOSS at overcommitting? THIS GIRL!
9. My latest iTunes purchases have included Colbie Callait, Ximena Sarinana, Gavin DeGraw (be still my 10th grade heart), Gabriella Cilmi, and Lady Gaga. Colbie is great as usual. Lovely and chill. Still deciding how much I like Ximena’s…the song I posted yesterday is kickin’, jury is out on the rest til I listen more. Gavin is wonderful as usual, although I will never love any of his cds as much as his first. Gabriella is fun, fresh, soulful, and a good listen. Gaga is only so-so. I like a couple songs, don’t like a couple songs. Overall she left me wanting Judas more.
10. I don’t really have anything else to tell you…just didn’t want to leave you hanging at 9. :) Have a happy freakin’ weekend, ya’ll!
first image found here
i like the song.
i LOVE the video.
the colors are gorgeous.
the hipster-in-Palm-Springs vibe is kickin’.
the dance moves are pure quicky perfection.
the outfits need to get.in.my.closet.now.
but seriously, guys…the colors. in the words of rachel zoe, i die.